Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Time flies

As I wrote the date on the board in school today, I couldn't believe that it's the last day of July. It is so hard to believe that I've already been here in Uganda for almost two months. At the same time, so much has happened in the short time that I've been here that it seems like I've been here forever. Mbarara feels so comfortable to me, and I'm continuing to feel at home here. These first few months have been full of so many blessings, especially this last month. So this post will kind of serve as an update on the month of July by way of pictures.




We had a 4th of July party, Ugandan style. Most of the kids had never seen sparklers before so that was a fun thing to watch. Here is Tripp enjoying loving the USA.




The Harding interns got here on July 3rd and left yesterday. It was awesome to have our friends here for almost a month. Here we are eating at one of the most western restaurants in town, the Agip Motel and also in front of our hotel in Jinja right before we said goodbye.



D-rae and I spent a weekend in Kampala (the capital) by ourselves and I found an awesome coffee shop. I was in heaven!



I went on a safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park when my friend Wes came to visit. It was awesome to see so many cool animals.




Wes even helped me teach school for two days, and the kids loved it.



I try to get my fix with these girls when I'm missing my nieces. On the left is Ansley Glisson and Avery Fouts is on the right.

I think that about covers all the highlights. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of my adventure on the Nile yet, but don't worry, I'll post them as soon as I get them. Thank you so much to all of you who keep up with what's going on with me. I can't tell you what that means to me to get your emails and encouragement even as I'm so far away. Continue to pray for the work over here, especially as we are getting ready to undergo some major transitions. The Fouts will be moving back to America at the end of September, which will be a very tough time for us. Our role will then change a little as we'll take on some new ministries in addition to still working with the team kids. I'm excited and anxious about the future all at the same time, but I know that God is in control through it all. His ways are so much higher than mine, and I'm grateful that my life is in his hands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am super excited to read your blog! Did I see a Rafiki? :)

Amy Baker