Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Joy

I'm sorry if it's getting a little redundant reading about how much fun Christmas is here. It's just that I can't get over it. I can't get over how the smallest of gifts can bring such joy to our friends here. Joy. That's the only word I can find to describe it. We were privileged to watch our friends experience this joy on Friday. We had a Christmas party with our hostel girls' Bible study. We made pancakes for dinner (because they're kind of fascinated with them. It was funny how sweet they thought they were and that was when they were eating them plain. :) We also watched Elf, because really, what is a Christmas party without that movie, and we ended the night by giving them some gifts. We burnt a few cd's for each of them of some of our favorite songs, and wrote them each a letter explaining why these songs are so special to us. It wasn't really a big gift, and it barely cost us anything, but you would have thought we had given them the most expensive gift in the whole world. I don't want to say much more because I feel like the pictures of this night say a lot more than I ever could. I know that many of you have sent gifts with Mom and Dave for many of our friends here. Enjoy this post and know that this is the type of pure joy that you are giving our friends. Thank you for your generosity. I love you all.








1 comment:

Barb said...

Is sounds like you two are really enjoying Christmas giving. I loved the picture of you laughing!