Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Beginnings...and Ends

Well, I've attempted xanga and I'm a huge facebook fan, so I guess it's time to jump on this bandwagon and see how many people will actually read what I have to say. Ok...so that's not it at all. I really just figured that this would be an easy way to post pictures and stories about my experiences in Uganda next year so I decided to go ahead and set one up while I've got some free time over Christmas break. It's hard to believe that it's already time to go back to school. The four weeks at home have been great, but they have flown. I've had such an awesome time spending time with my friends, family, wonderful brothers and sisters, and two beautiful nieces. But it's been kind of a bittersweet time because this is the last time that my whole family will be together before I leave for Africa. It's also my last Christmas for awhile since I won't be able to come home next year. Each time I'm with my family, I think it hits me a little more just how hard it will be to be away from them for so long. I can't even begin to imagine how much bigger and changed KJ and Sid will be when I see them next. As excited as I am for my experience in Uganda, it's tough sometimes to realize the things that I'm going to be giving up. Thankfully I've still got a few months left to soak up the time with the people I love and that mean so much to me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bets, the blog looks great! You are awesome, and I'm really excited about the year you are about to have. Just thought it would be fun to be the first to comment on the new blog. You better keep this thing updated b/c all of us who love you and are praying for you want to be a part of your experience. Your life adds to the beauty everyday, and I can't wait to read about the impact of your life in Uganda. I love you!

Laura said...

Betsy, we miss you already, and you're only 8 hours away! We are going to try to make at least one trip down this spring, either over Easter or for your graduation. Maybe both? Who knows? We love you so much!
Laura, Jeremy, and Kennedy