Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Just for fun...

Ok, so funny things happen on a daily basis here. I keep a little journal of all the funny experiences and stories just so we can go back during the times of no power, when we're bored out of our minds,- and laugh at them again. I thought it was time to share some of these with you. Have fun and know we're still laughing about most of them....

- We've experienced earthquake #2. We also discovered that with each earthquake a little more of our wall falls off and the cracks get bigger. Yeah Beco is struggling.
- There was a rat in our room last week. But we, correction...Desarae bravely got rid of it.
- Patience, one of the girls at the bible study, might have just come for the cookies. In between people sharing their stories, she would announce, "And meanwhile, I'm going to have another cookie." And she did....about 6 to be exact.
- I electrocuted myself again today. But good news, it was with an American plug, so only 110 volts of energy instead of 220 like last time.
- Today while running, a little girl ran next to me for a few minutes. It was really cute.
- For the last day of school, my kids rapped Psalm 143, which was their memory verse this summer. It was hilarious and I'm sad that the internet connection is too slow to put up the video.
- A guy in our hostel very bluntly proposed to me a few weeks ago. No worries Mom...I said no.
- The doorknob on our bedroom door is broken and we've been locked in several times.
- We experienced a Ugandan garage sale and it was hilarious. Everyone and their mom was asking for reductions....on everything.
- A random man that we met on the street the other day invited us to his wedding on Saturday. Sadly, we will be out of town and we had to decline.
- Avery Fouts announced to me one day that she was going to walk on water the next day and I was invited. Unfortunately, it didn't work out.
- Another time, we had girls night out and I actually decided to wear make-up for once. Avery just looked at me and said "How'd you get so pretty?" I decided to take it as a compliment rather than being offended that apparently I'm not pretty any other time.
- So sometimes being stared at 24/7 kind of gets old. In one of these moments, D-rae said the following, which really made me laugh. "I just don't understand it. I mean we glance, assess, and look away. It's that simple."
- We had no power for 11 out of 17 days. Wait, that's not funny. How did that make the list.

No comments: